Party Wall Advice & Services - Southampton, Guildford & Portsmouth

We're here to help - contact us today

Free Valuation

Matters pursuant to the Party Wall etc Act 1996

Romans’ commercial surveyors and valuers offer Party Wall advice to ensure compliance with the Party Wall etc Act 1996. We have professional members of both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and members of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.

We advise and act on behalf of building owners, adjoining owners or jointly. Our service include:

  • Review of Party Wall notices
    • Advice on response to notices
      • Property inspection to determine condition of affected premises
        • Negotiation and preparation of Party Wall Awards
          • Monitoring of on-site works
            • Resolution of defects arising in the course of intended construction works
              • Final sign off for Party Wall matters
              • Where does the Party Wall etc Act 1996 apply?

                The Party Wall etc Act 1996 applies in England and Wales where you are a building owner who is carrying out construction works affecting a party wall, which could include;

                • Underpinning
                  • Extending vertically
                    • Enclosing on an existing external section of Party Wall
                      • Removing a chimney or other projection
                        • Exposing Party Wall previously enclosed upon
                          • Cutting in a flashing
                            • Inserting a beam into a Party Wall
                            • Additionally, where you carry out excavation within 3m of a neighbours building, to a lower level than that building’s foundation or, use piled foundations within 6m of a building, subject to a 45 degree cut line from the base of the adjoining owner’s wall than again the Act is likely to apply.

Get Party Wall advice from industry experts

Jon Ranson


Jon's experience covers a wide range of professional building surveying duties, including Party Wall matters, construction monitoring, architectural design and schedules of condition and dilapidation. Jon is also a member of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.

RICS valuations

Our expert Surveyors can provide you with an accurate valuation as part of their survey.

Please call 0333 9200 583

Party Wall Act Surveyors

We act for clients carrying out the proposed construction works and ensure that all necessary party wall notices are issued, relevant surveyors appointments made and schedule of conditions are prepared, and we also draft and serve Party Wall Awards, to ensure your project runs as smoothly as possible.

Romans Surveyors also provides expert advice on how best to proceed with design proposal generation, so that problems can be avoided when obtaining your neighbour’s agreement to the design proposals and to mitigate risk of construction related problems on site.

The Act states that both the person undertaking the works and the affected neighbouring property owner must appoint their own surveyor; we can act for both parties as an independent, agreed surveyor. Alternatively, both parties need to appoint their own surveyor. We can act for either a person carrying out the works or for the neighbouring property owner.

Choose a surveyor you can trust. Get your free online quote today.